First attempt at dungarees..

Well I said I’d try dungarees next and once I’d said it I had to do it. I roughly traced a pattern from the Sasha Redhead dungarees, and used some stretchy corduroy children’s trousers I’d saved in the fabric stash for just this purpose….and spent about 6 hours on Sunday making these.

I lined the bodice and the straps and made lined pockets so there was a lot of hand finishing. They’re not perfect, I’ll adjust the pattern a bit next time, but overall πŸ˜‰ I’m chuffed with the result. It could have been a lot worse. The straps are too long, the bib is too big .. but I made them πŸ™‚ !!

20170821_082505

 

5 thoughts on “First attempt at dungarees..

  1. The dungarees are wonderful! I love the colour; purple is my favourite colour πŸ™‚ I made a pair of trousers from a cotton/linen shirt a while ago, not perfect, but I was happy with them πŸ™‚ I’m a novice doll clothes sewer, so lots of practice makes perfect πŸ™‚ Jane x

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s